Sunday, September 21, 2008

Army Corp of Engineers Baghdad


This is one of Sadam's Palaces. I think it is the one that he was a prisoner in while he was on trial according to one of the guards. Must have taken alot of work to do it.







This is one of the armored transport carriers that people use to move around iraq. You can see a gun turret on top of it in case it needs to deal some death.






This the DFAC or cafeteria that I eat at during my meals. The roof on top is suppose to stop incoming rockets. Haven't had to see that yet luckily.






This the army corp living conditions in Baghdad. Not bad huh. It is actually one of the nicest places to stay in the military while in Baghdad so that is a lucky thing for me.








Just thought I would throw in a picture I had on my camera of my little buddy. He is helping me with my tools.

2 comments:

Greg and Karina said...

Thanks for sending the link to your blog. It is hard to believe that you are in Iraq and seeing everything that everyone else only sees on the news. Stay safe bro - talk to you later

Larsen Family said...

I know I can't beleive you are really seeing all this history. WOW!! You are a great blogger keep it up it's good to know your ok. And the accomidations look like they are 5 star for sure!