Thursday, September 18, 2008

Iraq


Here is our 46 man group flying on a C-130 headed for Baghdad. It was packed and not very comfortable. As you can see we are in our body armor and the seats are basically cargo straps. It was only an hour long flight but it seemed like 10.






Now you can see how excited I am to be riding in a C-130. I am ready to get to my job and start working.








Here I am in Baghdad at the Al Faw Palace. This is where Sadam did alot of his work. It is quite the complex he had at his disposal. I can imagine it was pretty awesome before the war. Now it looks alittle war torn.






This is inside the palace. It is amazing. Great design and craftsmanship for this area. Most buildings are no where close to being as nice as the palace. You can see the leader of this country didn't care about anyone but himself.





This was one of Sadam's chairs that he sat in. Alittle to big for me, except it would be nice for Sunday night football sitting with my wife and some snacks.

3 comments:

Cox Family said...

Those pics are amazing!!!

Natalie said...

I can't belive the Palace!!! I guess no movie, or penuts maybe just your own seat would have been nice. I guess we do have it good even if we have to pay for the penuts.

Larsen Family said...

I love those pics! how exciting to see those palaces. Ok so maybe not under the cercumstances but, cool anyway.